In 1990, the Government introduced the CBT with the aim of reducing the numbers of incidents involving novice moped and motorcycle riders. The CBT prepares and equips you with basic skills and knowledge required for use on our modern roads.
The CBT is not an exam or test; it is a training course consisting of a number of theoretical and practical elements including a two-hour, instructor supervised road ride.
It is recommended that you familiarise yourself with the Highway Code and arrive suitably dressed for motorcycle training.
If possible wear boots as these give better protection than training shoes. Jeans are better than tracksuits and warm clothing will be required.
If successful you will be issued with a CBT certificate (DL196). This entitles you to the following:
- 16 years of age you may ride a 50cc moped or scooter.
- 17 years of age or above you may ride a motorcycle or scooter up to 125cc.
However, the following restrictions will apply:
- Visible L-plates front and rear at all times.
- No motorway usage.
- No passengers.
- CBT certificate is valid for two years unless you go on to pass the A2 or DAS course.
We will provide the following for equipment training if you do not have your own :
- Motorcycle helmet & Radios.
- Waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers.
- Protective gloves.
- Scooter or Geared motorcycle (if required).
- CBT certificate DL196 on successful completion.
VAT Registration Number: 154 4700 24
The training day commences at 0900hrs, generally finishing at about 15.00hrs.
Course fee: £100.00 + VAT, using own bike, £120.00 + VAT using hired bike, £50 deposit required.
Please ensure that you bring your Photo Card with you on the day of your CBT.
If you do not complete your CBT in one day there is a charge of £75 + VAT when you return to complete your training. This charge covers the bike hire and insurance.
To Book email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01904 492928