If you are over 24, why not go for our Direct Access Course? This will allow you to train and take your test on a large capacity bike of at least 595cc and engine power of at least 40kw (54 bhp) Once you've passed you can ride any size motorcycle with or without a sidecar. Minimum age 24 years old unless upgraded from full A2 licence with minimum 2 years experience.
DAS requirements as follows:
- You must hold a current DL196 (CBT certificate)
- You must pass the DSA theory test before your Module 1 test and Module 2 road test can be booked.
- Minimum age 24 unless upgrading from A2 licence with minimum 2 years experience.
We will provide the following for equipment training if you do not have your own :
- Motorcycle helmet & radios.
- Waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers.
- Protective gloves.
- Geared motorcycle with heated grips.
- Lowered seat available for people with shorter legs.
The training day commences at 0930hrs, generally finishing at 15.00hrs. Instruction on the large motorcycles will be on a variety of roads and off site training areas to prepare you for the Module 1 test. On completion of the Module 1 test we will train and prepare you for your Module 2 Road Test enabling you to pass your DSA test with confidence. Course length will depend on how your riding skills develop and you will not be put forward for your Module 1 or Module 2 test until you are capable of passing.
When you pass both Module 1 & Module 2 you will be able to:
- Ride a motorcycle of unlimited bhp
- Ride without L-plates
- Carry passengers
- Ride on motorways
£95.50 deposit required to cover test fees.
DSA test fees:
Module 1 £15.50 VAT Exempt
Module 2 £75.00 VAT Exempt
VAT Registration Number: 154 4700 24
Insurance : £100.00 + VAT to cover all lessons taken
Full Days Training £130.00 + VAT
Half Day Training AM or PM £75.00 + VAT
The New Motorcycle Test:
Module 1 - A specified off road manoeuvres test
Module 2 - A road riding test
Minimum wait before a failed test can be retaken:
- Module 1: 3 clear working days
- Module 2: 10 clear working days
Current test fees:
- Module 1: £15.50
- Module 2: £75.00
To Book email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01904 492928